Monday, December 28, 2009

Best Days of My Life


I love it when I discover music in unlikely places! Not too long ago Bailey and I went to the movies and saw a very fun movie called Hotel for Dogs, and it had a great soundtrack. I went into my ZUNE community and listened to the entire album and a few songs really appealed to me. I can't begin to tell you how many musical influences I have. I don't think there are too many people that I have come into meaningful contact with that i didn't walk away with a musical connection of some kind.
I have written a lot about sadness and deeper matters of the soul but sometimes it is just nice to hear a light song that makes your foot tap or your lips move to the lyrics. Even the simplest song could be playing at some important time in your life and it sticks in your brain forever and can even become important to you. That is why I am very careful about judging or dismissing music that others like no matter what I think of it. I could very well be diminishing some profound memory of theirs and I know how important my musical memories are!

The first song from Hotel for Dogs is Best Days by Matt White. The song definitely sent be back in time to what were easily the best days of my life. Those days were the day I met Vicki through the first ten years of our marriage. Not that having a child wasn't wonderful but we had 10 full years together to live and enjoy each other. We did everything together, shopping, cooking, laughing, travel, and so much more. I am so grateful that we took that time before starting a family. We used to lay in bed and talk about spiritual things and listen to tapes of sermons and of course our cat Sam was always there, under the covers to keep warm. There was our first apartment and trying to keep warm in the winter. We used to drink wine and dance around the house like crazy people on Friday nights. I think Friday nights were always my favorite with Vicki. We'd unwind and have the whole weekend ahead! I loved to share wine with her and make her laugh. She used to say that I was the happiest person in the world when I woke up in the morning. Anyhow here is my first song...I was trying to keep this blog entry light....




The second song is light and fun and A Beautiful World by Tim Myers.....





Photo credit: http://www.artistrising.com/products/432005/sun-lovers.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment