Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I will not take these things for granted!

I have been contemplating creating this blog for some time and recently decided to give it a go. I have been reading my minister's blog for a few months and I think that experience is what convinced me to give it a try. I follow his blog and it is listed in my profile! Take a look...he is amazing! For some reason I am a bit afraid of all of this.

Anyway, I believe in the following quote, "Truth can only be expressed aesthetically--in story, picture, film, dance and music." This is a quote from "Dark Nights of the Soul" by Thomas Moore. The book is the last (and most profound) book that I read just before my wife of 22 years was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She died in December of 2008. She was an amazing person and I miss her terribly! She was a light, a kind, caring soul who loved doing things to help others. I admire her more today than ever. I guess this blog is my way of communicating my thoughts. It cannot replace Vicki but maybe it can give me an outlet! I love this Toad the Wet Sprocket song and have been listening to it a lot lately......makes me think of Vicki.....

2 comments:

  1. Steve....I think this is great. It servers as an outlet, means of communication and a way to build relationships. thanks for sending me the link. Now look into facebook.

    I miss you. Hope life is treating you well.

    Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, too, my man and am grateful you are both sharing and creating. And so onward we go. I am blessed by knowing you.

    ReplyDelete