Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Crash and Burn


There is so much I could write about but I am so tired I need to keep it brief! Bailey ( my 13 year old son) went to the orthopedic surgeon for an x-ray today and unfortunately the bones have moved more and he will need surgery! He broke his right forearm 10 days ago and after surgery for the wound caused by the compound fracture, and realignment of the broken bones, we had to wait and see if the reduction of the break would hold! Well, it has moved too much! They wanted to do this surgery tomorrow and scheduled it for 1:30 p.m. We had to visit his pediatrician for a physical at 1:00 today and even before we got there I could tell Bailey didn't feel well. He didn't eat breakfast, had a headache and was very tired and glassy eyed! At the pediatrician he had no fever, but his heart rate was a bit fast which the doctor felt might indicate that he was getting sick. Sure enough, by late afternoon today he was flushed and had a fever. So after a call back to the pediatrician ,it was decided the surgery will have to wait! I called the surgeon and left a message. He may be able to do the surgery Monday if Bailey gets well soon! My still new journey as a single parent is sure being tested, Vicki was sooo good at all of this!




Second, after reading my Ministers blog I thought of this song Crash and Burn by Savage Garden. I have posted songs by them in the past! I guess I was thinking about several things including how lonely life is and the importance of people you can count on! Secondly, his blog entry made me think about the process of reaching bottom (crash and burn) and realizing self driven, me first life is not the way to kingdom of God living and that we need to transcend ourselves and seek our own personal higher power to be humbly successful in this reality.

For those who are friends out there, please continue to keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment