Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Magnificent

As I have previously mentioned I am in the process of re-ripping all of my music onto a portable hard drive. It is a lot of work but a joyous kind of work as I go back through all of my Cd's. It is kind of like a journey through time. It also why I am doing more blog entries than usual. Since I am sitting here opening CD after CD I may as well write! I am only at about 225 Cd's ripped so far.

Many times a song grabs you and you just can't stop listening to it. After a while you sort of get used some songs and while you like them they lose their luster. On the other hand some songs just never quit in their ability to grab and hold onto you. Magnificent is one of those special songs for me. Not that No Line on the Horizon isn't a great CD, because it is. This song also has lots depth truth and meaning for me......................



I recently watched a movie that I have always really liked from 1994 entitled Threesome. A great sexy, funny but meaningful movie about three college students that end up rooming together because of a bureaucratic snafu. One beautiful girl, one totally straight, typical hormone driven sex fiend, and one sexually ambivalent (probably Gay) guy explore relationships, friendship and sexuality. Anyhow it also has a great soundtrack with groups like Tears for Fears, New Order, Bryan Ferry, and Duran Duran. The best song is by U2 and a remake of a Patti Smith Tune! Great song....



1 comment:

  1. I haven't had a chance to respond - or really read - your blog since the weekend. Too much personal stuff. But MAN is this great writing - and the posting of these 2 U2 songs really hits it for me! Tonight I had our first practice in like 3 months with our band; it was both fun to be back making music and working through songs that resonate. We are getting ready for a 7/26 worship time that includes a tune by the Eels, Bob Franke, Mindy Smith, Springsteen and Joan Osborne. All about how the incarnation is about discovering the grace of God in our ordinary - sometimes shitty but often simultaneously beautiful - lives. Keep up the GREAT work.

    ReplyDelete